3D Image EnquiryEdit
Hey, there, Tmason101! Glad to hear you're happy with the 3D renders. To clear up some misunderstanding, I'm the one who's making the render images, not Valentin 98, but it's okay! (He may not be able to reply to your questions as he's at college. If you'd like quicker admin action, please contact Toa 95.)
I will soon be completing all the Spectrobes and their weapons, but I have sad news to tell you. There will never be a Kaio render, because it's not even in the DVD to begin with. He's only present in the cutscenes, so he's probably sleeping in one of the game developer's hard drives in Japan.
I'd love for Disney to come back with a 4th game, really. Well, glad to know the community is far from dead!
Renders Again Edit
OK, maybe you're not always ready to chat. Um... The renders come in 2 ways:
1. Open the models in 3DRipperDX for Windows 32-bit and drop the renders in Blender.
2. Screenshot them at 16x anti-alias settings and edit the pictures.
Ooh, Screenshots Edit
Owh, that's a lot of screenshots you're passing to me! But you're taking screencaps of a regular Wii output, right? Well, I can't say I can use them (clarity issues), but I'll try. Thanks for the efforts. But if you exclusively want me to clear out these specific images for use in your game, tell me. I'll always be ready. Brandon Pow (talk) 04:44, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, I Guess Edit
My goodness, that's a heavy request. I'll have to spend all day doing this, I guess. Okay, then, I can fulfill your request, but slowly. Could I please have an email I could use for attachments, or would you prefer Dropbox links?
Also, I have no idea how to extract textures. I'm so sorry. Dolphin assembles the thing for me, and I've already wasted 5 hours figuring out how to pull a texture out. Listen, if you can get your hands on a Spectrobes: Origins DVD, maybe you could work it out...
Answers Abound Edit
1. About the PNG files, I'll just stick with droplinks as you haven't given me an email to use. And you'll have to wait quite a long time. I'm probably not going to make any this week. Busy life.
2. Awesome Spikanor. And thanks so much for the Aldous, we practically have nothing to show before your contribution. But I need to tell you not to wipe out the previous images in place of the new ones. We have a Gallery template you can use to showcase the old ones. And be careful not to submit user-generated art for the time being; I'm planning to introduce a fanart segment for each individual page à la Monster Hunter wiki.
Q & A Session 1 Edit
I am so, so sorry you keep asking questions and I never replied. So here the answers are~
- i have figred out the reason why the pics look blury and i have found a solution, when your saving an image always save it as a png don not save it as a jpg or jpeg because it makes it blury. All of the screenshots must also be png and stuff if you want it to be HD, beacause saving it as a jpg messes up the colour quality.
Ooh, maybe so. Um... here's an example file created under your requests really recently. I don't see any quality change, but maybe you know best. Good luck!
- whats user genarated art?
Whatever made by you that was not even thought about by Disney. That's user-generated content. Your recent submissions don't count although you worked on them because... the poses and colouring already exist. My 3D renders don't count, either, because the models exist. Wikipedia has a whole article on this topic.
- and by the way the ukazeer was wicked, too bad it wasnt a png
Yeah, too bad. Also, attempting to convert it to a PNG from the JPG causes the quality to suffer.
- I was just wondering, do you do lest play videos or walkthoughs of games, because if you did spectrobes origins in full hd, widescreen will be perfect for a walkthrough of the game.
That would be just awesome, except I have some problems: 1. At Full HD this guy lags. Nobody needs lags. Period. 2. I KO a lot in the game, because I'm horrible at it. Hence, I've never finished the game. So, yeah. Not much of a chance until I upgrade this system in a long, long time. Sorry... Brandon Pow (talk) 13:29, July 13, 2013 (UTC)
Check This, Please Edit
Ohoho-kay. Your requested pictures look horrible after editing, so I just cut out 3 of them for you to sample, in PNG format. Uh... on the left is what I think the Ukalos should look like. Use that one, instead! (Oh, yeah, that used to be a JPG file. Really.)
Hey, there, just a few things to tell you. 1. Um... Yeah, I guess I could continue with this request thingy for the time being, but do understand tht my time is limited. I might be slow at fulfilling the requests. And heh, a 3D Roll Call would be cute~ 2. At http://spectrobesfanclub.wikia.com , I couldn'thelp but notice that you used exactly the same favion as the wiki. Technically, that's stealing, but instead of reporting you and wasting an important editor (my God, I'm cruel), I want to make a custom favicon for your wiki. That way, we'reall happy. Now, I want you to tell me what shape and colour would you want your favicon to look like? I suggest using the Masters logo found in Origins (that swastika made out of 4 spirals), and maybe green in colour, but it's your Wiki. You tell me what you want, I'll handle the rest. OK? Brandon Pow (talk) 02:14, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
- whats a favicon thingy?
You see at the address bar (for IE) or in the tab (for Chrome), there's a picture of a white Spikan face. That's called a favicon. Give me ideas on what you'd like there, 'cause I'm going to make you one. Brandon Pow (talk) 14:54, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
Logos and Artwork Edit
1. Sorry, but the bureaucrat and I believe the current logo looks better. Maybe it's the extra blue-green flares at the bottom. But I do have your PNG requests done! All transparent. Spikan is my favourite. (Just couldn't stay focused on the job, so many details!) Click here to access the Dropbox folder with your files.
2. So have you figured out what favicon logo you want for your Spectrobes Fan Club wiki ? I'm serious about helping you, so do reply... And yes, I find it very confusing to have two wikis with the same logo, especially when 20 tabs are open. Drives me nuts.
4. Oh, God, you actually gave Disney Interactive an email? Now they're probably all over the wiki, looking at our stuff! We're not done yet! Yipe! *faints*
Hey, I recently edited Piximi's page and I would like to know if you appreciate it. The background color of the infobox would signify the property of the Spectrobe. If you like it, I'll do the same on all the other Spectrobes, and on Dark Spectrobes, I will make a dark-purple border on the infobox. I would also like to include a infobox on the top of each Spectrobe page that would serve the purpose of moving between one Spectrobe evolution line to the next with ease. Let me know ASAP so I can get to work!
Also, I have noticed that you take screenshots of Origins. I am not entirely sure how to do the same with my game and produce an image of adequate quality, so I would hope it would not be bothersome to take screenshots of some of the planets in Origins, specifically Menahat. Thanks so much!
Toa 95 removed it. I guess it wasn't good. I had changed the color of the infobox to green to match Piximi's property. I had thought it to be quite interesting at first, but apparently Toa 95 was not amused in the slightest.
Permission Granted Edit
- Original Message:
- Can I upload some of your 3D renders to flickr and deviantart, i'll give you credit too.
Aye, sure thing! All my stuff are CC-BY-SA, so you can do anything you want with it (even sell it, according to law)~
...y'know, you just reminded me - I should state that on my profile page soon. Brandon Pow (talk) 16:32, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I'll just add the table, and you made a mistake on the purple mineral page, but i fixed it
Whoops, heh heh~ Oh, bother, I am pretty clumsy, am I?
- Can you make bazora 3d and yagi zora 3d please
Awh, not this week for Yagizora. This other laptop I'm working on while on holidays seems to hate me.
- WOW! litrally hundreds of people added our artwork to their favourites on deviantart.
- I got lots of fan art for the high krawl that i think should be uploaded, i asked for permission and they said yes. Can you make a high krawl portal please.
Now, about that... Every portal page needs a logo. If you must have the portal up now, it'll have no logo (which might potentially mess up the code layout). Any ideas for a logo? Preferably round. Brandon Pow (talk) 18:43, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
Not Bad! Edit
Now, that's just pretty. Although I do need to wonder if you can figure out what can be done to Template:Spectrobe to make the text centred in line spacing, speecifically the 'Evolves From' and 'Evolves To' text (as you can see, the logos made the text hover to the top). I just wish I had more time, I could get it done myself.
Anyways, the reason why some buttons have a sword logo on them is because they're from Spectrobes: Origins. That symbol means the Legendary Weapon of that Spectrobe has been obtained; therefore only Evolved type Spectrobes have this logo, if I recall correctly. Brandon Pow (talk) 13:40, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Is there away to get the icons without the swords?
I wish I knew... I've tried shifting camera elements in the game, but it's not working. If you have any ideas, though, tell me!
- Oh yeah and what happened to the dark grey box behind the name of the spectrobes because its hard to read white text on a light background. I also think the name of the spectrobes should be above the image to make it look more... Legit.
This problem existed a long time ago on Android phones, and now it's affecting Safari too, apparently. Something to do with the W3 gradients I put in there. Toa and I were discussing about using 'ms-gradient:' code as replacement, and I'll try figuring something out. Let's hope it works. As for the name, I'll also give it a try and hope it doesn't get reverted, yeah?
While we're still on the topic of that template, could we move your pixel icons to the left of the name or something? (I'm talking about this sort of icon.) I personally don't think it has a respectable place in the galleries. I mean, one small photo amongst a couple of big ones? Brandon Pow (talk) 14:15, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
The images may look better if they're bigger, but I thought that they were too big compared to the infobox at that size. And the icons also sort of looked a bit big for their sections of the infobox as well, but that's just me, really...
Gradient Codes Edit
- Can you see that the bottom of the name bar has faded away. Is there a way to fix it, and what browser do you use?
Ohoho~ That's a gradient, and it's there on purpose. The code at Template:Spectrobe for the gradient reads as follows:
background: rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 99%; background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 0%, rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 80%, rgba(0,0,0,0) 100%); background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65)), color-stop(80%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65)), color-stop(100%,rgba(0,0,0,0)));"
If you'd like to experiment it to be a flat colour instead, replace that with this code:
But just so you know, that fading thing is on purpose, and I use Chrome~
Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 11.54.37.pngEdit
hey hows it going I was wondering what source did u get the image from and what spectrobe is it ?
RESPONSE AND REST OF ART OF SPECTROBESEdit
- I have went back to doing my matio sprites pixel art. I think you might like my artwork. Tell me what you think. http://tmason101.deviantart.com/gallery/45365272
Well, they are pretty cute, and with a lot of detail, too. Tell me when you've decided to make some Spectrobes sprites, yeah? Something like Zapchu25's one.
While I'm here, I need to ask: did you upload all the sprites from the DS games? I've used two of yours in the new scroller template on the Spikanor page. And I'm not finished with the coding yet. If you'd like to help me, I do need help with making the backgrounds transparent (as you can see, I did that with the screencaps you uploaded). Brandon Pow (talk) 16:20, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
Where exactly did you find:
that image? I'm just curious...
Thanks for the great edits, see you around mate!
- I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore. My past has come to haunt me and I must move on. I have had great times on this wiki but I guess there now over. I cannot stay anymore, no more edits, requests or PM's. I am leaving for good. Thank you ever so much for your help on making the Spectrobes Wiki a better place. I will never be able to come back online ever again. I can't tell you exactly tell why and i'm sorry about that. Please help continue spread the word of Spectrobes and keep up the good work. Goodbye and Thank you.
Well, this was sudden. Whatever that's causing you to leave, we're sorry it happened. (Nawwww, I'll never get those games you promised!~~) Best of luck to whatever you have planned for the future, and don't forget; we'll always be here if you need us.
Okay, Sure Edit
Well, you're back. And I see you've started making Family categories.
- every time I use those japaneese names in google search completely random things come up
Well, that's because you're not a Japanese speaker. If you were, you'd probably remember to add 化石超進化 to any search term.
Anyways, you failed to answer my question. Are you actually trying to make categories for each family in the Spectrobes series? It is not necessary because:
1. You can get to any of the three evolutions on any page of a Spectrobe now.
2. The Game Guides app relies heavily on categories (in fact, it's the only way to get around it). Currently all Spectrobes are featured by element, so this will only create clutter if you keep this up.
3. If you want a place to put those family PNG images (which I know you desperately want to, since you worked on Ukabi already), just drop it in a gallery. It is accepted.
Stop. I'd rather you focus on cleanup work and stop categorising to families (for example, bet you didn't know Shimanoto and the related evolutions aren't in the Category:Spectrobes:_Origins_Spectrobes category). Brandon Pow (talk) 12:41, August 28, 2013 (UTC)
- can you make a sabo one please
...if you're talking about a 3D render, not this week. I'm stuck on using a computer with no graphics card at the moment.
3 Points Edit
Hey there. You seem pretty free at the moment, so I was wondering: since you've gotten 100% on databases for BTP, may I suggest uploading all the sprites for the characters (like the ones you've done here)? We don't have them all yet (although I must say that's a lot of fossil images we have at the moment).
While I'm here, can I ask: why are you constantly re-uploading images of your own work? For instance, your Komadoros has 7 versions now. I totally get it if you've got some details that you missed, but if you're once again trying to increase your edit count this way, I'm going to have to lock the images down. Which I really, really don't want to do. You're good, that goes without doubt, but this just can't keep going on.
- I am not reuploading hem for the sake of edits, i'm editing the images themselves making changes because i keep finding mistakes so i need to fix them.
Regardless of the situation, I'm glad you're doing this the right way! It means a lot to me, seriously. Okay, one thing I must clarify is that new revisions of a file do add up into the edit count, but not immediately. You can check the entries for your reuploads here. But it doesn't matter too much at the moment.
- Also i have also been emoving the background on some of them, it makes the table look more professional.
Yes, you have. Thank you.
- I havent got enough time to upload all the icons i'm very busy at the moment but i'll try and find a link to my resource.
- Brandon I'm very dissapointed in you, taking credit for my work. You tiked me off. Please don't do it again.
Sure, have fun while you're at it! I've been waiting to try out this infinite block button
Listen, about the Gekikuri, yes, you made that one months earlier using pixels and whatnot. That's a fact, and you're right. But did you bother to check the EXIF data on our versions? Mine came from a direct vector; meaning that it can be enlarged infinitely without blurring out, unlike your raster graphic. So it seems that whenever we share the exact same sources, one of us is bound to get angry (see, I did make a Rygazelle and Leozar family picture, too, so I also didn't feel too happy). Now, you need to decide: are you going to ask me to stop using your sources and let you do all the work? That way, we won't end up doing double work and accusing each other all the time.
However, bear in mind that ever since you started on this, the only protection you had against federal law is the fact that Wikia is CC-BY-SA. That means, no, nobody could be bothered if 'you made this picture' or 'you pixel-arted that'; Disney made it, and they've registered this RPG game under copyright. Nobody even cares if you decide not to share any more art just because you can't own it; eventually it will be found because you didn't draw it, or sketch it, or think of the idea. You are ineligible for intellectual copyright, everything you've uploaded up to now is categorised as derivative work, and you end up confusing everyone when you claim this and that.
The spirit of Wikia is not about earning self-praise at all. Hence, if you really want to be acclaimed for pixel art and all that, you should really just start making characters of your own (not by Disney) and gain fame there. I don't want to hear any more of this 'HQ Picture made by TMason101' nonsense, I've had enough.
It now becomes obvious why Yuzura gave you a one-month ban on the Adventure Time Wiki chat; you kick up a lot of fuss when you think people haven't praised you enough.
It may also be my fault that I didn't lay down the rules here hard enough, so by next week we will have an Editing Guide with ban warnings on the main page. Brandon Pow (talk) 04:59, September 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not the person you think i am at all, there is a reason why i had to leave the wiki for a temperary period and this is one of t
...yup, I have to agree with this one.
- where did you get those pics from and can you do the same with hapachi and gekigury again for me please because i couldnt get the full picture out thank you.
- From now on we will both take the credit, i'll take credit for finding the rare source and you'll take the credit for extracting the source that way its fair trade. :) I found the 3d familys, you extracted them... exept for ukabi. I found the pdf you extracted the svg's. so... cool beans?
Obviously I haven't made myself clear enough, so here, in one simple sentence:
Do not mention me.
If you want to collect credit for stuff, not many people can stop you, just refrain from doing so inside wiki articles, for example on the Gelberus gallery earlier (your own profile is okay). I prefer it if you avoid using my name, because I like it that way. I believe Disney should get the credit. That's all.
- oh yeah and should we convert the svg's in to png's so they can be loaded easier for users and downloable easier. SVG's are quite tricky to save and they dont load easily with those without the right plug in's. For the sake of our viewers who like to collect spectrobes artwork should we do this? Its up to you
If you check the files in the wiki right now, on the infobox and in any preview they have been custom-rendered to PNG. (Tip: Try dragging the picture to your desktop and checking the file type.) As such, it renders for all browsers, even Opera and Android. The only way users can actually see an SVG file is if they bother to go to the file page and asking for full resolution. I am also avoiding duplicate files.
However, I get the feeling that you actually want them in a custom resolution. As such, feel free to request me when you want them, and they will be sent via email. Give the same message to all those 'viewers who like to collect spectrobes artwork', please, because converting SVG to PNG takes 2 programs and 3 file types.
PS: If you check the pages in which your pixel art has been replaced with vector art, they actually have been moved to the file page description of the SVG file. Meaning I'm trying not to delete them, since you have to showcase them at your profile page. Brandon Pow (talk) 04:09, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
Gallery Repitition Edit
You seem to be returning the JPG version of an infobox picture in the gallery, specifically File:Leozar.jpg. Do you have a good reason to do that? I'd rather you not (as adding the same image twice to a page is space-consuming), but I want to hear your reason. Brandon Pow (talk) 18:19, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
- because the jpg one is the official official! artwork, the vector one is nice but i think we should still put the original so everyne can see.
I'm deleting the JPG one, then. You make it sound as if the SVG wasn't from Disney, but it is. Just refrain from repeating images on an article, it looks really silly. Brandon Pow (talk) 09:02, September 22, 2013 (UTC)
- can you make a render for komanoto please.
- Are krawl in the spectrobes origins database some one had a request to make 3D krawl renders. i think that its a good idea.
What, are you serious? People actually still read this wiki?
Okay, maybe the request came from DeviantArt. That's possible. In that case, I think it'll take all of next year, then. Any specific Krawl in mind?
(To be honest with you, I don't think I know how.)
- Oh yeah and can you make a render for rallen and jeena please?
Wearing which weapon? Or just plain?
- just plain, that will be more professional for the wiki. and can you make a render for dongor, paga and pagadori please. and zenipyra. Please.
That's a lot of orders. Give me some time. You also haven't really requested any specific Krawl, so... I'll do whichever I can figure out first.
- can you join the spectrobes chat please i want to talk
As much as I'd like to, you're so much more polite on talk pages. (I'm serious about this, you don't go "BRANDON!!" here at all.) What's wrong with leaving me a talk page message like how you've always done? Brandon Pow (talk) 14:29, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- About the pixel art thing on the table... I dont think the pixel art icons for the spectrobes should be 20px.
Talk to Toa about this; I always use icons at full resolution on the Scroller2 templates.
- Brandon I need you to do me a really big favour. Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do it for me, its very important but i cant tell you why, but I need you to do it! Ban this user from the spectrobes wiki please http://spectrobes.wikia.com/wiki/User:Flambo_the_Epic_Epic(; he is a troll, he must be stopped.
The thing is, he's never done a thing here. There isn't any data on the wiki yet of his "trolling". When (or if) he does, I will do what I have to, I promise. But no early judging. Brandon Pow (talk) 13:00, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- what planet is the leopod on. Is it possible to make some renders for leo, leopuba and leozar. Also is it possible to make 3D renders for Hiko and Hikodrake?
- Thanks allot for the previous renders too. They make the wiki look amazing. Actually to be honest, i saw one of your renders in google images a year agao. Thats what brought me to the spectrobes wiki. Without your renders i wouldnt be here. Thanks allot Brandon.
Should've been done 4 years ago when the game was popular, right? Anyways, thanks for the compliments. Just keep doing what you do best, and the wiki will continue growing. Brandon Pow (talk) 08:15, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- can you do some renders for mayar and mayarzerra please?
Now, there's a sudden influx of renders over at DeviantArt. Because of this, when people search for genuine Spectrobes art there, they get frustrated because the 3D (non-artistic) renders come up first. I don't think they like it. As comparison, take a look at another user there who's only been uploading webisode screenshots to the stream. Don't you feel annoyed when you already know the person merely copy-pasted a frame of a video there?
- I don't understand what's going on with the deviant art stuff. What is happening?
People are complaining to me that the renders you uploaded are clogging up DeviantArt. It's considered cluttering because the renders are official and not artistic or fan art. This is not coming from me, but I think you need to stop taking the pictures we have here; if they want to, they can come and visit the Spectrobes Wiki. Is this clear enough? Brandon Pow (talk) 11:25, November 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. Sorry Brandon. I thought you said I can upload them to deviantart? If you want me to stop uploading them I will.
Like I said, it isn't me, but please do stop. However, there's another thing I have to ask you.
On the 4th November, you edited a nonexistant user's profile page. This is technically your second sockpuppet after the recently-removed TKMason101 account. I really hope you're not trying things. As an admin, you give me more work if I have to block all 3 accounts. Brandon Pow (talk) 11:34, November 14, 2013 (UTC)
Not Much I Can Do Edit
- Can you make some Custom Part tables for the Spectrobes: Beyond the portals spectrobes please.
Oh, geez, I don't know. I barely even play anymore. Everything I make now is frozen at 33% database, because I've got lots to do. I'll see what I can make of it, though.
- I would like to help out but my DS emulator doesn't enable the mic so i cant awaken spectrobes.
That's because it's an emulator... Listen, it would be so much easier to link a capture card to your DS with 100% database completion, don't you think? You won't have to send me those screenshots if you can clean out the background yourself, actually.
- Can you upload some screenshots for the planets Bahmud, Menahat, and Kogoeria please.
Kogoeria's a problem; too much white makes it hard to photomerge. Maybe if I have the time, I'll work on it.
- Alos there is some sort of mistake. The page Menahat may be spelled wrong in the japeneese artwork i uploaded on the kaio system page. it seems to be spelled as Menahut instaed of Menahat. I'm not sure wich is right or wrong. Also in the artwork Wyterra is spelled as Wytera. can you please check the database in Spectrobes: oerigins for me and see the fcorrect spelling for the pages.
Yes, you've realised. Disney's changed a lot of names before the European release of Origins; you uploaded a version of the names directly translated from katakana. It's completely okay, the names we use for articles here on the wiki are the same as the ones in the Origins database.
Also, this might not be related, but I've suddenly got promoted to chat moderator on a wiki I've never visited. Although that's nice, it's important to only give titles to people who will work on the wiki, not those who avoid it. Just a bit of advice. Brandon Pow (talk) 15:18, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
Personal Talk Edit
- Brandon are we friends? I have a feeling you don't like me? Am I annoying you or anything, if I am please let me know.
I can't really say right now. Still staying careful after September's incident; I can never tell what's going on in your mind. I'd say "friends" is a bit too far as I don't know you personally. Acquaintances? Yeah, that'll work.
This isn't related at all to adminship (you've already got a taste of that over at your newly-founded wiki, so you should be fine), but you've changed a lot, and that's a good thing. It's just me who isn't ready yet. Please give me a bit more time. No, you're not annoying me.
...I was just thinking: loads of your uploaded images come with Spanish names. If you're fluent in the language, why not adopt the Spanish portal of our wiki? You could help fix the place up; after all, they've begun taking data from our wiki (which is a good thing). Brandon Pow (talk) 12:27, November 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Can we have a Variation column in the krawl table please. E.G Blova, Swar, Gris, Zepi, Eela and subar...
- Hi brandon. Can you upload a zora button please for the zora page.
Sure, here you go.
About the columned infoboxes you've requested on the Eela page, I don't agree to it for a couple reasons:
- Apparently one good example is at the Wyterra page; it truncates the infobox excessively in Wikia skin.
- We have bullet points; we could use those.
- Muteela has a Family bar, that's the right way to use infoboxes (one point of information per bar).
- Take a look at the aforementioned Wyterra page using the mobile skin; it's not looking pretty due to all the <br /> tags, especially for wide tablets. A good fix would be to just put the links outside the infobox within the main article in a subtext like "Areas".
- Can you make a render for yagizora please?
- What do you think of the yagizora card I made?
- Do you know the starting stats for yagizora?
Whoa, easy there, tiger. That's the ninth question in a week! I'm only human; I've also got life to live and normal things to do.
But you know what? Here you go. Stats for Yagizora start at LV30, so this is the lowest it can go, without seed effects.
- HP 292
- ATK 61
- DEF 58
- Needs 2791 EXP (just like any other LV30 Spectrobe)
Also, Zuwa's render is kinda hard to work on. Not coming out right. I'll see what I can do. Also, I wonder... I thought I did a Paga before, since Pagani and Pagadori are done. Must've lost it. Brandon Pow (talk) 12:32, November 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Can we have a render for zeni please. I think we should replace the current image with a render due to the poor quality.
That's not a good reason; anything above 200px is acceptable. Also, drawn art is a lot harder to obtain than renders, so we prioritise them. Just as a reminder, if there are official drawn illustrations, put them as the main image first, regardless of how nice the renders look. (Anyways, it's done.)
- Can we have a render for Jado please?
- isnt jado in the database?
Stats for Child Spectrobes Edit
- In spectrobes: origins do child spectrobes have hp, atk and def?
Why, of course they do! Komainu itself has 51 HP, 10 ATK and 10 DEF at LV1. If you'd like, feel free to use the values at our Origins list. They're all already at LV100 there, so that saves time. Brandon Pow (talk) 14:41, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
- thanks brandon, how does the table work. I dont know how to use it properly.
...okay, the table is sortable. Click the "Total" header in the first column, and all Child types will be at the bottom (Total stats <500). Alternatively, searching for the name (the long bar or ⌘ + F in older versions of Safari) should help you jump straight to the stats of a specific Spectrobe. Brandon Pow (talk) 09:22, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
On Renders Edit
- I have removed the backgrouns for allot of the renders to make the wiki look better.
Argh, I forgot to tell you; I'll be remaking a few of those since they have the JPG lossy artifact... but anyway, thanks. It should do nicely. Good job!
- Can you make a render for Gorberus please.
Well, I don't know... somehow they just keep appearing on other websites the moment I upload them, even after asking not to. It'll take time, but I'll work on it. Brandon Pow (talk) 00:31, December 22, 2013 (UTC)
Mobile Sprite, or Not? Edit
According to the Segu article you edited, you got a Segu from the mobile game. It seems that the entire game doesn't have this sprite to begin with. There are only 9 characters available, and they all don't use gradient shading (smooth colouring from white to green), but use patched shading instead. Tell me, where'd you get this picture? Brandon Pow (talk) 15:38, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, I thought it was from the mobile game I looked at a gallery of screenshots from the mobile game and that was in the gallery. I'm very sorry about that.
Owh. It's not a crime to get wrong info like that; all's fine. I will, however, have to remove the image until someone gives proof that there is a version of the game containing Segu in it. You'd understand.
Listen, about that request for large official art you requested a long time ago? I've finally completed it and will give you an album to work on after I replace the images here. Hope you didn't have to wait so long; expect the whole thing to be done in a couple of days. Brandon Pow (talk) 15:25, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
Edit: While I'm here, any idea what Krawl this is? Can't get the name from the mobile game, but I thought you might know.
- Thanks brandon, I'm not sure what krawl that is, the top half looks a bit like swar, the variation may be exclusive to the mobile game. I've never seen it before and I know that because all I used to edit the krawl pages frequently and I never came across that one.
Oh, well. It shall remain unnamed.
- Also, which large official artwork were you talking about? I'm noty sure which one.
The ones you asked via PDF, specifically these ones. I believe you can get more of these PDF files by completing the digathon at http://www.spectrobesdigathon.co.uk , but I don't have the time nor the patience. The more you give me, the more I can make. (Do you have a Komadoros one? I'd really like that.) Brandon Pow (talk) 13:45, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll give you some pdf link for grant and jeena. Those are the only other pdfs the rest are vidoes and wallpapers.
No need to; I have them. Aldous' one as well.
- In the paga pdf there is a problem with one of the wings. It is coverd with a black square and on the pago page it isnt tehre and both images are from the same source.
Yeah... thing is, the paths for the SVG are applied without a path for the wings, so the one I have must be the unfinished draft. In that case, don't use it.
- When ever I upload the svg version of masetosu there is a problem with the thumbnail, this has happened to me before on my wiki and the only solution was ro make it smaller, but if I make the image smaller it will loose it's quality. What do you think i should do?
Sadly, Mediawiki 1.19 does not support SVG thumbnailing. I've discussed this with Wikia staff and they might fix it in the future, but until then, stick with PNGs.
- I changed the colours in the swar sprite to make a bagrax sprite, I know its not in the mobile game but it is extreamly accurate. Do you think we can use the image on the wiki?
Sorry to tell you this, but the Spectrobes Wiki takes canonical content only. It is a nice sprite, but not the one present in the DS game, Spectrobes. (That is to say, since you have the first DS game, try taking the little sprite on the top screen instead. I believe it's taller than the one you have now.)
EDIT: Oh, the Masetosu problem is caused by the image being too big, as well as the fact that the compression is a bit too strong. The only solution would be to link internally in the description of the image, like this, for example.
Rare Images Edit
- Do you know how we can find these extreamly rare images?
Nope, not at all.I do agree with you that some images are being withheld from the public, though, so if they aren't out there to begin with, there's nothing much I can do.
While we're on the topic, do you have any cards, or own the Collector's Edition for the first game? You could totally help out by scanning them for the wiki. Brandon Pow (talk) 05:28, February 8, 2014 (UTC)
Spectrobes BTP Models Edit
- Hi brandon, what should we do with the spectrobes btp spectrobe images? should i put them in the galleries for you?
Uh, hey, it's been a while. Studying hard, I hope?
If you refer to the 27 image files uploaded with the prefix "ikusei" on them, then wow. You must've been lurking around the Recent Changes log a lot.
Not that it's wrong, no. Just put them in image galleries for each Spectrobe; these came from a Flash game of which an article is long overdue. Brandon Pow (talk) 11:37, April 15, 2014 (UTC)
On a separate note, may I ask you not to place SVG files on article pages in the future, at least until MediaWiki supports it in image galleries? Apparently when you do what you did to the Rygazelle page earlier, MediaWiki cannot use it as an image in categories (even now). Also, the PNG image description has a link to the SVG file if people want to use it. I know it's clearer, but that's what we have at the moment, sadly. Brandon Pow (talk) 13:15, April 15, 2014 (UTC)
Fake SVGs Edit
- I found some more SVG's. I converted them into png's for the wiki. What do you think them? Are they good enough for the wiki?
I'm sorry, but wherever you found those files, they're user-made, not from a Disney source. Reasons:1. Coding for the SVG XML is in the format
<path fill="#3e7373" opacity="1.00" d=" M 288.76 7.55 C 296.76 6.44 304.88 6.49 312.78 4.65 L 313.75 4.58 C 313.19 5.50 312.63 6.41 312.07 7.33 C 314.99 7.95 317.98 8.56 320.98 8.22 C 318.69 9.80 316.25 11.17 314.00 12.81 C 313.91 12.13 313.74 10.78 313.65 10.11 C 305.38 9.05 297.03 8.64 288.76 7.55 Z" />
--which is quite telltale of a conversion job. Most people who bother to draw out their SVGs give connector-curvature attributes and much, much more complex paths, for example:
fill="#CA272C" d="M477.964,543.429c-0.564-0.278-1.521-0.742-1.521-0.742 c-3.865-1.931-9.333-5.236-14.147-9.16c0.644,4.456,1.335,10.688,1.335,19.717c0,3.804-0.238,7.643-0.682,11.233 c-2.305,18.493-8.01,31.671-15.451,41.29c-11.175,14.442-22.296,22.829-37.198,28.055c-7.741,2.722-20.197,4.593-25.502,5.205 c1.793,6.768,5.97,12.73,9.018,17.455c1.793,2.785,3.982,5.807,6.438,8.764c4.72,5.271,8.591,8.839,11.834,11.36 c3.231,2.251,9.598,6.291,9.598,6.291s-6.641-1.994-11.839-4.941c-4.546-2.604-8.687-5.995-12.355-9.696 c-3.349,2.771-11.302,7.777-27.802,11.343c-16.395,3.544-31.439,1.787-42.478-1.045c-31.614-7.324-49.396-32.109-54.185-39.688 c-1.266,3.786-1.861,5.368-2.172,6.382c0.368,3,0.98,5.89,1.671,8.506c0.575,1.998,1.15,3.851,1.656,5.427 c1.292,3.755,2.426,6.153,2.426,6.153c-0.253-0.358-0.506-0.724-0.76-1.075c-0.707-0.696-4.788-4.957-8.764-14.309 c-0.063-0.114-0.327-0.663-0.743-1.592c-3.413-6.834-6.641-14.84-9.941-24.965c-5.668,1.861-38.765,11.576-67.505-4.729 c-0.828-0.476-1.645-0.938-2.458-1.402c3.897,23.02,11.417,46.539,29.447,68.442c9.576,11.641,22.818,21.938,37.394,30.48 c0.64-0.516,1.02-0.827,1.034-0.844l0.949-0.784l0.955,0.773c0.063,0.054,5.899,4.769,12.438,8.996 c0.682,0.438,1.366,0.87,2.053,1.292c8.838,5.421,19.348,9.599,19.448,9.636l1.508,0.602l-0.711,1.449 c-0.181,0.37-4.119,8.206-15.831,16.259c-1.413,0.976-2.922,1.945-4.567,2.906c-6.803,3.991-15.768,8.643-23.957,10.969 c12.192,1.83,25.18,2.937,39.455,3.405c7.789,0.27,15.73,0.017,24.01-0.743l-0.037-0.248l1.477-0.247 c0.085-0.006,8.48-1.471,18.805-9.908c2.458-2,5.137-4.436,7.726-6.931c3.471-3.338,6.767-6.797,9.161-9.544 c1.187-1.366,2.156-2.569,2.794-3.48l0.696-0.98l1.107,0.459c0.053,0.021,4.937,1.999,14.212,1.767 c8.875-0.228,24.331-3.929,24.483-3.965l1.905-0.456l-0.032,1.277l-0.021,0.68c0,0.021,0,0.08-0.012,0.169 c-0.053,0.96-0.452,5.728-3.327,11.242c21.773-9.876,37.948-21.963,52.207-34.028c24.935-21.094,32.686-47.135,38.977-90.82 c1.208-8.416,2.004-20.846,2.004-34.292C482.188,573.768,481.286,557.626,477.964,543.429"/>
(And that's just one line.)
2. Take a look at Zeni's leg, as well as the path for the shell at any part. For the toes, they have tri-tones on them (proof of contrast data loss due to scalar conversion). For the shell, a significant lot of the green is located outside the outline, which has never happened for any of the PDF-derived SVGs we've had here before. Any artist wouldn't do that on purpose.
3. In addition, a ton of the lines in PNG reconversion are non-antialiased. Don't you think the jagged edges are awkward for a drawn picture?
Bear in mind that we do try to keep as much on this wiki as canon as possible, and although that Zeni does look nice in SVG, it would look a lot better on a DeviantArt page than here. Sorry 'bout that.
- Fro the kaoi listings, can we have the small buttons at their normal size please so it looks like the specxtrobes origins database. And is it possible to have a database background/texture for the listing area?
The original reason those buttons were 20x20 to begin with (as well as just about most of the buttons here on the wiki) was to preserve readability; clarity of an article should not be jeopardised by pretty but obstructing graphics. If you were to return them to their 150px size, you can just delete the whole article, nobody would bother to read it. However, I am open to suggestions; if you really wanted the buttons bigger, how would you arrange the table so as not to bloat it? Also, the CSS for wikitables here can be given images, but once again the text would be harder to read, and the table design would fall back to the Wikipedia-sort of Monaco table. Not worth it in my opinion, but if you wanted a print-out version for yourself, feel free to experiment with the code in the Sandbox. Brandon Pow (talk) 01:52, April 18, 2014 (UTC)
- so are the svg's suitable for the wiki if still, or do we need to delete them?
More on the SVG topic Edit
The images you recently supplied to the wiki, along with their derivative PNGs, have been tagged as your work so they can stay. (Y'know, this would have been a lot easier if you'd just tell it was you, but maybe for future uploads, OK?) Also, it seems File:Dongiga.svg has gone a little blank in coding. Should I keep the file up, or delete it? Brandon Pow (talk) 05:07, May 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Can you extract the images for me please? They are located under the navigation bar. Thank you.
- The image for rydrake is still the one i cut out from the svg. Do you have a high quality exract for rydrake that we can use. If you have the svg for him i can convert it into a high quality png.
RE: More images. Edit
Well, those files you got me to look at? They're kinda good, but not full-body. Probably to save data. Files:
RE: Buttons, Images and card input artwork Edit
First off, you sort of uploaded a file from GameFAQs onto this wiki. Since we already have a substitute for it on the Card Input page that is of better quality, doesn't require GameFAQ's permission and is of the correct ratio, may I suggest you use that one instead? I'll replace all related links and throw that one away.
- Hi brandon, Is it possible to have some buttons for the leo family please.. If its not possible at the mommnet thats ok. , it's not urgent. Also Rydrake and Ryza buttons too if possible.
I still haven't finished Slayso. The Leo family isn't coming up any time soon, sorry. I could get Ryza's family buttons done soon, though.
- Also is wikia able to support flash files? I have a dataase system for the home page in mind. Thanks brandon.
- ...we might be able to have official spectrobes artwork for every spebrobe in spectrobes origins! At the moment i do not have a copy of the game. Do you have accsess to such files?
You have a good point there; in fact, as demonstrated here, each Spectrobe has full-body art in the game. At least, I think so. Sadly, I have no idea how to get those files.
- When you hover the mous over some of the images in the selection part, there is a glow over each individual spectrobes in their group. this indicates that they may be indivivual images. If possible can you extract the images fro me please. Thank you.
Good news and bad news: the files can be extracted, one by one, but they're mostly small. If you decide to upload them here, do not change the names. Please. Also for some reason I'm missing Gorberus. Brandon Pow (talk) 06:53, May 30, 2014 (UTC)
Whoa, jeez. It must be the holidays where you are too, huh? Listen, I'm kind of abroad right now. Internet is scarce and I don't have a laptop around right now, so it'll take me much longer than usual to fulfill those requests. It's for the next week, too; I might not even be on the wiki the entire time. I'll get it done in time, though. Brandon Pow (talk) 10:03, May 31, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Image Requests Edit
- Hi Brandon, can you upload the komadoros svg for me please. The current one is still the one I edited and has a white dotty outline when on a black background, I can convert the SVG to a PNG for you.
Sure, here you go. Also, the pages regarding Ryza's evolution line have been given buttons.
- Does the ststus card show art or is it an in-game model? because if its an actual image it may be better to cut them out. What do you think?
- Hi brandon. Thanks so much for the ryza buttons and komadoros svg.
No problem, just doing my job.
- I found something quite intresting, as you can see here some of the images are vectors and some are drawings. as you can see here, we have found the artwork for spikan and spikanor, aobasar, dongiga, samurite, komadoros, komanoto, danawa. As seen the official artwork for shakoblad is not shown.
Yes, that does look like a very interesting sheet of paper, I haven't seen some of the art there myself. I've written a request to Joystiq on the image if they still have the paper. Hopefully they'll reply.
- I really need the artwork for grildragos, the top half of him is shown in the spectrobes manual. I need to find the bottom.
To be honest with you, it was already cut in half like that when I decompiled the manual you gave me, unlike the other SVGs. Sorry 'bout that.
- How do you think I find all of the artwork. I think they may be in some of the manuals or pdf's. Do you have any we can use? Also there seems to be some good artwork on japaneese websites. In my country I cant accsess some websites, do you have access to japaneese websites that have good artwork? thank you.
- Hi brandon, Just in case you may find this helpful i thought i should share this with you. Official Artwork For Krux!!!
Well, that does look nice, I've never seen this one before, but something else on your image caught my eye: Grildragos happens to be sitting on the right page. That's the full body art you were looking for, right?
- Hi brandon, I just wanted to let you know that my school have blocked my talk page. So during school can't recive any messages. So sorry if i take long to reply.
- Hi brandon. can we have a spectrobes roll call cut out for zazanero and totemo please.
RE: Roll call cut outs Edit
- Also on that geki gala website at the bottom where the videos are there are tabs. The third tap has the spectrobes, krawl and character artwork. We already have the characters and the spectrobes. There are lots of krawl artwork which we can do with on the wiki as the wiki doesnt have much kwarl art. There is more krawl artwork on that wiki than there is spectrobe artwork. If you can, can we have the images on dropbox or on the wiki please. Thank you
Oh, wowzers, that's an image treasure trove! I will need to spend weeks translating all that Japanese text... It'll take some time, but thank you very much for bringing it up.
- I've been trying to cut out some images but my the pragram i'm using called gimp keeps messing about. I need help making some cutouts for Bazora and Flamerax. Can you help me please.
All right, I'll get those done tomorrow.
- I just wanted to ask you if you know where you got these images from because they are the same images on the card input cards.
- Hi brandon can you upload the Ryza.svg please. Thank you.
- There seems to be a problem with jeenas eyes in the svg you uploaded. They should be blue but they are the same colour as her skin. Also there is a problem with Paga's wing/feathers in Paga's SVG.
Oh, yeah. OK, I'll get to fixing that when I'm free. Although, Paga's problem cannot be fixed since that's how it appears in source, without a corrector shape to stem off those black lines. Brandon Pow (talk) 13:30, June 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Do you think we need pages for all of the fossils or not? Also have you seen the layout pokemon wiki? I think that on the tables we should have an evolution line section for the icons instead of icon in the evolves from, evolves into and the current spectrobes icon should be displayed right beside he name bar. What do you think?
Hmm... I suppose not, since fossils don't have much to be explained about, and a blank article with only the text "A Hikopod is a fossil that awakens to a Hiko" is a bit redundant. On top of that, all fossils end with the suffix "-pod", which further reduced their notability; if you know the Spectrobe, you can almost guess the fossil name. What you can do, however, is create redirects to the Spectrobe's page for the fossil; for instance creating a page for "Hikopod" and type only--
--on the page. About your idea for the Evolution template, it can be done so long as all images are background-cleaned and in PNG format. Otherwise it may need a little tweaking. Remember, however, that we are not striving to be the Pokemon Wiki, we are striving to be a Spectrobes wiki. Thus copying the templates from them is a big no-no. Any ideas for a good template design?
- Hi brandon, I just wanted to know where you got the cry sound files from and how you got them? Thanks.
RE: Balsamiq Edit
First off, it's quite a pretty template you've got there! Well planned and everything; should bring some fresh air to the wiki. The best part? It's all CSS-friendly, and in time I think I can fulfill this request (if it's agreed upon by Toa). I guess I have a few thoughts about the template, but these can be sorted out in time:
1. It rings a little too close to some other wiki's infobox layout I've seen before, but I guess it's not a problem since wiki pages are under Creative Commons.
2. The thing about the audio player for the Spectrobe cries (and this is quite a long-time problem) is that I'm no good at looking for one that doesn't expand the box to half the whole article space. Could you probably scout the Net for ideas on how to make the sound play without a progress bar (and hopefully doesn't require that other YouTube-based player plugin)?
3. Do you really want the text to be all Choko Cooky-ish? It's do-able for most people, just a little harsh for old browsers that don't support the font.
4. I don't like the Database Listing sitting in the box, it truncates it. (If you didn't know this before, it's not your fault, but Wikia limits Mobile skin infoboxes to a set amount, after which everything else is not displayed.) Isn't the current template good enough?
All in all, good job. Also, just a suggestion, would you like the template to be lightly coloured according to element? It could be done (although once again, every single article must be slightly modified). Brandon Pow (talk) 13:29, June 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you Brandon.
- Hi brandon, I done some work on the sandbox for you. I also got some better designs. you can use whatever feels best. i uploaded them.
Yeah, those are quite helpful. Are you okay with it if I remove those files after all this is finished? Don't want to be clogging up Google Images.
- Hi brandon. there is something wrong with the sandbox. Everytime I edit it messes up, even when i make no changes.
Really? Seems fine to me (both on Firefox and Chrome, no Safari). Would you explain further how it's being rendered? Maybe the grey and white colours are running off the sides? Also, I think it's ready to replace the current templates we have. I'll ask for permission from Toa now; this is quite a big deal. Brandon Pow (talk) 16:38, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
Gen II Adjustments Edit
I need an enormous favour: now the text for each Spectrobe in the Property and Form headers have been changed to switch: parsers. As such, only certain words will work with the template which will generate the appropriate output. For the Property string, they are:
--but if the Spectrobe has 2 properties, the DS one comes first and Wii second. Therefore:
--are also allowed. For the Form string, they seem to sort themselves out nicely. Please help me change them to their appropriate titles in the Property line. Also, new strings have been added:
- JP = Just copy the katakana and romanisation here, no need to italicise
- Icon = [[File:___ Button Small.png|50px|link=]]
- I dont need to make any changes. Its perfect, then I click preview and then its not perfect. I have a mac. But i know thats not te problem because when I use the school computers it does the exact same thing.
OK, that is rather serious. Try visiting the Spikan page, right now. Is it messed up for you? Otherwise, just don't edit using the VisualEditor so often; or maybe update your browser. Since you said before editing, it's okay, go back to the Sandbox and save an unchanged edit (it's fine, we're done with the template building). Does it come all over the place after saving?
- The Spikan page is fine. I have no problem with it. It is just the sandbox template.
OK, I've been able to replicate your problem; apparently if you use Chrome on only the Sandbox while logged out and visual editor V1 (the old one) is set to automatically open upon clicking edit, it happens. This is because since Spectrobes Wiki:Sandbox is not a mainspace article, MediaWiki will fully render the entire template whilst the editor is in visual mode. (The V2 version isn't affected for some reason.) When that happens, it messes up these things called nested tables, which is what I used for the infobox.
The reason why you can edit it perfectly on any other page (try Vilamasta's one) is that the template is on a mainspace article and hence is not preloaded unto the visual editor. You would be forced to switch to Source and change the variables there, so MediaWiki will parse the code at the very end, which is what we want.
Obviously this is good news; all the Spectrobe pages are safe. It also tells us another thing: time to move on from the Sandbox and focus on proper editing. Brandon Pow (talk) 19:14, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
- You see the table, when it says N/A the box seems to be smaller than the one with the icon leaving a gap underneath it. It there a way to set a minimum height for a box?
Using the min-height property, you can. Apparently I've changed it, but the effects can only be seen on Chrome for now (and it does look much better there). Cache persistence is strong on the Firefox. Be patient. Brandon Pow (talk) 19:32, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Brandon, why cant we use SVGs? Sorry but I forgot why.
Oh, it's because SVGs cannot generate thumbnails for image galleries and page previews. The first image of a page therefore ends up being a button or sprite (if you remember Komanoto's page preview loading with Komainu's button before). I'll let you know if MediaWiki updates to allow for this in the future. Brandon Pow (talk) 03:34, June 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi brandon. Instead of having the buttons at 50px at the top of the template can we have it at it's default size? Having it at 50px blurs it out.
No; have you seen how the template adds one redundant line space if it were at native 74px? It's not such a good idea; after all, if they wanted full resolution they could always click on the icon. Brandon Pow (talk) 01:53, June 21, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Poster Artwork Edit
- Here is a poster with Zozane's Official Artwork. Do you know where we can find posters like these. If I have a good quality photograph I can cut it out and clean It up like I did with the Grildragos Cutout.
That image you put up came from a bookmark. Seriously, I also don't know where to find these posters you want, but I'll keep a lookout. Also, about the Grildragos cutout you made, I would totally support you, but the thing is in your work you tend to leave out details. The eyes, outline depth and other things are very important when preserving an image. I suggest you don't make any more of those, as it takes a lot of your time (trust me, there are a lot of other things to do), but people won't see it as canonical imagery. Brandon Pow (talk) 03:05, June 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi brandon. I found 3 images, all of them show mustiple artwork including the artwork for Gazen, Totsuzen, Hiko, Hikodrake, Hikolosa, Mayarex, Pepethraz, Sabogar and saboquil. I think the images are at their HQ or something because the same pictures are shown in one a couple of the behind the scenes videos. If we contact them properly I'm pretty sure they will give us some artwork for the wiki.
Nice work. So, now for the important part: I'm very sure the only reason you typed out all that is because you'd like me to ask on your behalf, so where and how should I submit the request? I've already tried Disney's interactive help portal at help.disney.com for a walkthrough reuse request, and it's been a whole year. Any other places you'd like me to try?
- Thanks Brandon. I think we should try contacting Jupiter or Genki. If that doesby work we should try VGB Blogger, ING or Gamespy. Because disney gave the images to those company's, maybe we can get more through contacting them.
I've given Genki a ring for the Spectrobes you listed earlier on my talk page, hopefully they'll answer.
- I also noticed in the picture the seemed to have individual codes. Like Maya's code was Child Form SO22A. Do you think that may have any importance?
Well, it's both yes and no. S022A is the folder name for Mayar's sound files; the code should also provide for its 3D model in the game. It's not of that much importance, except that it proves the presence of a Spectrobe removed from the game. Its code is S015, between Dongu's (S014) and Spiko's (S016) family. As we all know, no Spectrobe lies between them in the Origins Database. Here are the sound files for you to listen, maybe you could guess what it is. (I believe it isn't Kaio, as its position makes it a Plant-type Spectrobe.)
- Hi Brandon. Can we change the listing table so it has the same style as the spectrobe table with all of the curves and stuff please?
Cleanup Work Edit
Hey, just to make a few comparisons between background cleanup styles. Cutouts made using algorithms aren't very good when working with lossy sources (be it MP4 or JPEG), as the edges tend to confuse most edge-detecting programs. It's best to slowly curve out edges and use a feather contraster to define edges. Here's my take on the Hiko you cleaned up recently. Any better? Brandon Pow (talk) 12:21, June 25, 2014 (UTC)
Icon PNG to GIF Replacement Edit
Hey there! For quite a long time, we've been using the three files File:Corona.png, File:Aurora.png and File:Flashsymbol.png as the icons for their respective elements.The problem with these files is that they are lossy (meaning not so accurate) and their file size can be further reduced, improving bandwidth performance. From now on, is it okay if you use these 3 files from now on instead whenever an icon for an element is required?
Image size for all 3 images is reduced from 2.05Kb to 453b. (For lossless versions, it would've been a 9Kb saving, but that's not much of a deal.) Thanks! Brandon Pow (talk) 08:45, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Origins Edit
- Hi Brandon. I just wanted to let you know that I have recently purchased a copy of Spectrobes: Origins. I've complete it already and I have collected every spectrobe. I am now LV 100.
- I have only got the original wii. How do you get it working on wii u because i'm getting a Wii U for my birthday next month.
...Argh, jealousy creeping up. Must shake it off. OK, first off, Wii games will be force-rendered in SD (sorry 'bout that, no HD graphics), but as long as you sync the Wiimote to the Wii U you can play the game there. Brandon Pow (talk) 18:12, June 29, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Listing Template Edit
- Hi brandon It's me Tmason101, I designed a new portal and listing template. I just wanted to know what you think of it and if it can work. If it's too much work it's alright it's not that important at this minute.
You dare ask for such a favour?! First it was that crazy-hard infobox with all the curves, then every page had to be changed. Now another whim! I swear, if I don't stop you in your tracks, my name isn't--
RE: Saboquill Image Edit
- Hi Brandon. I just anted to ask you if there are any visible mistakes in the Saboquil image? I edited out the anotaions from the concept art. Is the images suitible for the wiki or not?
I kind of thought you'd voice it out. Yes, I appreciate your efforts on cleaning that image; it looks great on the article infobox. There aren't any blatant mistakes on this one. Brandon Pow (talk) 00:29, July 8, 2014 (UTC)
RE: More Images Edit
- Hi Brandon. In these flash files there are spectrobes image/poster/wallpaper thingys. Can you extract them for me. There are 3 in each file.
Yeah, sure! Here's a gallery for your use:
- If you are busy then don't worry, it's not urgent I just thought it will be good for the wiki.
Similarly, if you don't want to trouble someone, you shouldn't ask. Every request counts, and I can't just ignore someone freely. Just doesn't feel right.
- I managed to screenshot some but they were poor quality.
- I also found a photograph of Shimanoto's official artwork.
RE: Ukazeer Image Edit
- I managed to create a cutout for ukazeer and i also managed to merge the concept art with the roll call art but it is quit messy, I think I'll have to leave that to my unlce. He is a professional at everything.
Mm hm. Just make sure not to pressure him too much, you tend to do that.
- The reason why I merged it was because the head was covered by the text in the Roll Call Art and in the concept art the body was covered by annotations so I thought if I merged them it will look alright, but it didnt. I couldnt use the same method as I did with Saboquil because Ukazeer was fa more detailed and I didn't have the skill.
- If you used that technique to do the Hiko cutout, what did you merge it with?
I merged the Hiko from the Roll Call video with the Hiko you uploaded not too long ago using Photoshop. Layer work was a real pain, I tell you.
- I found a NEW PDF!!!
Ah, so you've just been aware of that one.
- Can you extract the komainu image and the Lance, ace, glove, sword and blaster work please we can use it for the pages.
The Komainu one had already been extracted in its original form. Besides, you already referenced it once, so you should be aware that it existed a long time ago. I'll get to work on those weapon images soon. Brandon Pow (talk) 18:14, July 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi brandon, I got my Wii U on tuesday. Can I have your Nintendo Network ID so I can add you as a friend. My Network ID Is Tmason101.
Hey there! Glad to have you want to add this haughty editor to your friend list, but we have two problems:
1. I don't own a Wii. I only have Origins (bought it from a store a long time ago) and am currently emulating the game.
2. Wi-Fi service was discontinued for the Wii a month ago, I think.
RE: Evolution Line Edit
- Hi brandon. I think the evolution line in the sandbox template looks great, thanks for adding it. I haven't been on the wiki much because I have been busy with my GCSEs and stuff.
Why, thank you! And there's nothing wrong with taking a month or two off for studies, those are important, too.
- While I have been away I've seen that you have been working hard on the wiki and I have to say you're doing a good job. Have you had any luck with getting those images?
- Hi brandon. Have you had any luck with getting any of those posters yet?
No, the artwork is really hard to find.
- Maybe if we go into the files we can extract the whole image or we can find a way to extend the screen and see whats outside of it. I have done this with flash games before and you also managed to extract the whole of Pinska and Gekikuri from the pdf, even when their body's were cut off. If you know a way to do this please let me know because I have the emulator on my computer.
RE: Custom Tables and DS Models Edit
- I had an new wayfor Custom Colours and Custom Parts to be displayed by using punnet square which dispays all possible combinations of Custom Colours and Custom Parts.
Oh God, that is a lot of work.
- Please tell me what you think. Do you think this can work? I came up with this idea a year ago, I just forgot to tell you about it.
Of course this can work! Question is, who's willing to put in the hours for every version?
- If possible, if we manage to get every piece of official artwork we can do this easily on the Information table.
Once again, that sounds very ambitious, but our database has a very limited supply of official artwork, nobody here has (or is willing to contribute) any new DS cards, and this fix will probably only work for Windora as it's the only proof that Spectrobes have 9 versions of their art made by Disney.
- I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I've managed to go into the games files! But the bad news is that I can only access DGamer Models I cant find the actual game models. If can help please let me know.
Awh, if only you figured it out a year earlier when DGamer was still relevant. I've never actually broken into the DS file system, so you're walking a lonely road here. I can only wish you best of luck. Brandon Pow (talk) 07:47, November 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I can sort out the custom table for you if you like. I have the emulator on my computer. Do you know the action replay code to complete the database?
RE: New Channel Edit
- Hi Brandon. I've started a new youtube channel. I don't have that many subscribers at the moment but the numbers are growing and I'm getting more likes each day!
RE: Sprite Extraction Edit
- Thanks for subscribing to my channel by the way, I would love to hear what you thought of my videos.
Um, yeah. I don't play Minecraft or GTA, so it's natural for me not to understand a lot.
- I need you're help extracting some sprites and background images from a mario flash game. I would do it on my own but I don't know how to do it myself.
- Thanks Brandon, Can you extract mario, the goombas and the background please.
They're all somewhere in this folder. Specifically:
RE: YouTube Edit
- Hey Brandon. My channel has become much more popular in the last couple of weeks. I've almost reached 1000 subscribers and I also got my custom URL.
RE: Strategy Guides Edit
- I was planning on purchasing some since they were less than £1 on Amazon. They don't seem to have much left. Do you think these strategy guides are worth getting for the wiki?
So long as you can get permission for it from your parents, and there's no hidden fees going on with delivery or debit card charges, then I guess it's okay. Also, keep in mind that Toa already has the BTP one. This is truly a choice only you can make.
- I tried getting hold of a online version such as a PDF but I couldn't find anything. I also tried the BradyGames website but it redirected me to another site that showed no results for any of the Spectrobes Titles.
- Hi Brandon. I looked really hard and I found a digital version of the BTP Stratgey Guide in the format of a PDF. I'm about to upload it to the wiki.
Since you asked on Brandon's talk page, Famitsu is indeed a Japanese gaming magazine, meaning that Spectrobes being in it was purely for promotional purposes; any information it could tell us would probably be things we could get by playing the game.
Unfortunately I don't know Japanese either, so I can't tell you what any of the writing means, and I doubt PDFs exist for most issues, meaning the best we would be able to get is scans.
Weapon template Edit
The error only exists because we haven't taken the time to update each individual page to be in line with the template's current code regarding properties (which is now similar to the Spectrobe template).
Re: Legendary Weapon Table Template Edit
- Hi Brandon, there seems to be an issue with the property section with the tables for the legendary weapons. It seems to come up as "Unknown" for each of them.
- Thanks. I also noticed a minor problem with the krawl table, the image section doesn't have the white rounded box as all the other table templates do.
- Is it possible that the coding can be changed so it isn't case sensitive.
I'm really sorry, the case-sensitive property of wiki templates is hard-built into the base code itself, probably to open up more parameter options. (Gets me too, sometimes.) Guess the infobox errors will have to be fixed manually. Brandon Pow (talk) 22:08, October 17, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Krawl Names Edit
- Hi Brandon, I need your help. Do you know the names for theese Krawl? Unfortanately the krawl are not in the spectrobes database which makes it difficult to name them. https://imgur.com/a/eXCP9
While those look really cool, I haven't played for months and I don't think I've come across those before. I've got nothing, sorry.
- Is there a method I can use to find the names out since I have a copy of the game?
Re: Card Input Edit
- Yes!! Thanks so much. Where did you get the card input images from? I've been looking for them for a very long time.
Bought them, 40 or so for €15. We are still missing quite a few, though.
- I may be able to trace the cards and recreate artwork very closly similar to the oficial artwork.
That sounds like a lot of work. Honestly, I'd suggest you against doing that, and instead make some fanart with that time, or whatever else you'd rather do. Traced art is not considered canon. Brandon Pow (talk) 20:50, October 27, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Posters Edit
- Have you had any luck gettng those spectrobe posters?