Hi, welcome to Spectrobes Wiki! Thanks for your edit you made to the User talk:Valentin 98 page.
Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything! Thanks! M-NUva
3D Image Enquiry Edit
Hey, there, Tmason101! Glad to hear you're happy with the 3D renders. To clear up some misunderstanding, I'm the one who's making the render images, not Valentin 98, but it's okay! (He may not be able to reply to your questions as he's at college. If you'd like quicker admin action, please contact Toa 95.)
I will soon be completing all the Spectrobes and their weapons, but I have sad news to tell you. There will never be a Kaio render, because it's not even in the DVD to begin with. He's only present in the cutscenes, so he's probably sleeping in one of the game developer's hard drives in Japan.
I'd love for Disney to come back with a 4th game, really. Well, glad to know the community is far from dead!
Loads of Work You've Got There Edit
Dude, that is awesomesauce. A 2D original game and an XBOX port. You'll need as much help as you can get! (And let's not even get started with the legal issues.)
1. Introduce yourself to the OSD page . It's the only active Spectrobes community on the web now, with about 50 people. We want to support you all the way in 2 ways; to prevent you from quitting halfway (don't!) and to open a path for you to ask for asistance. (Talk pages are not the most efficient way.)
2. Do you have a GitHub or Google Code project for both of your endeavours? I'm not a coder at all, but you want free help with debugging and stuff, right?
3. Here's my email: email@example.com Send me an empty message or something there; I can't afford to lose your talent. In the message, maybe you could tell me exactly which Spectrobes look 'blurry'. I can try to fix them... I guess.
We'll continue the discussion in Private Message here.
Renders Again Edit
OK, maybe you're not always ready to chat. Um... The renders come in 2 ways:
1. Open the models in 3DRipperDX for Windows 32-bit and drop the renders in Blender.
2. Screenshot them at 16x anti-alias settings and edit the pictures.
Ooh, Screenshots Edit
Owh, that's a lot of screenshots you're passing to me! But you're taking screencaps of a regular Wii output, right? Well, I can't say I can use them (clarity issues), but I'll try. Thanks for the efforts. But if you exclusively want me to clear out these specific images for use in your game, tell me. I'll always be ready. Brandon Pow (talk) 04:44, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
Oh Yeah Edit
Oh, yeah, never thought of that. Okay, I'll try using PNG. But it's drastically slower.
And my God, 75 edits already?! You're fast and hardworking. Keep up the good work!
Okay, I Guess Edit
My goodness, that's a heavy request. I'll have to spend all day doing this, I guess. Okay, then, I can fulfill your request, but slowly. Could I please have an email I could use for attachments, or would you prefer Dropbox links?
Also, I have no idea how to extract textures. I'm so sorry. Dolphin assembles the thing for me, and I've already wasted 5 hours figuring out how to pull a texture out. Listen, if you can get your hands on a Spectrobes: Origins DVD, maybe you could work it out...
Answers Abound Edit
1. About the PNG files, I'll just stick with droplinks as you haven't given me an email to use. And you'll have to wait quite a long time. I'm probably not going to make any this week. Busy life.
2. Awesome Spikanor. And thanks so much for the Aldous, we practically have nothing to show before your contribution. But I need to tell you not to wipe out the previous images in place of the new ones. We have a Gallery template you can use to showcase the old ones. And be careful not to submit user-generated art for the time being; I'm planning to introduce a fanart segment for each individual page à la Monster Hunter wiki.
Q & A Session 1 Edit
I am so, so sorry you keep asking questions and I never replied. So here the answers are~
- i have figred out the reason why the pics look blury and i have found a solution, when your saving an image always save it as a png don not save it as a jpg or jpeg because it makes it blury. All of the screenshots must also be png and stuff if you want it to be HD, beacause saving it as a jpg messes up the colour quality.
Ooh, maybe so. Um... here's an example file created under your requests really recently. I don't see any quality change, but maybe you know best. Good luck!
- whats user genarated art?
Whatever made by you that was not even thought about by Disney. That's user-generated content. Your recent submissions don't count although you worked on them because... the poses and colouring already exist. My 3D renders don't count, either, because the models exist. Wikipedia has a whole article on this topic.
- and by the way the ukazeer was wicked, too bad it wasnt a png
Yeah, too bad. Also, attempting to convert it to a PNG from the JPG causes the quality to suffer.
- I was just wondering, do you do lest play videos or walkthoughs of games, because if you did spectrobes origins in full hd, widescreen will be perfect for a walkthrough of the game.
That would be just awesome, except I have some problems: 1. At Full HD this guy lags. Nobody needs lags. Period. 2. I KO a lot in the game, because I'm horrible at it. Hence, I've never finished the game. So, yeah. Not much of a chance until I upgrade this system in a long, long time. Sorry... Brandon Pow (talk) 13:29, July 13, 2013 (UTC)
Check This, Please Edit
Ohoho-kay. Your requested pictures look horrible after editing, so I just cut out 3 of them for you to sample, in PNG format. Uh... on the left is what I think the Ukalos should look like. Use that one, instead! (Oh, yeah, that used to be a JPG file. Really.)
Hey, there, just a few things to tell you. 1. Um... Yeah, I guess I could continue with this request thingy for the time being, but do understand tht my time is limited. I might be slow at fulfilling the requests. And heh, a 3D Roll Call would be cute~ 2. At http://spectrobesfanclub.wikia.com , I couldn'thelp but notice that you used exactly the same favion as the wiki. Technically, that's stealing, but instead of reporting you and wasting an important editor (my God, I'm cruel), I want to make a custom favicon for your wiki. That way, we'reall happy. Now, I want you to tell me what shape and colour would you want your favicon to look like? I suggest using the Masters logo found in Origins (that swastika made out of 4 spirals), and maybe green in colour, but it's your Wiki. You tell me what you want, I'll handle the rest. OK? Brandon Pow (talk) 02:14, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
- whats a favicon thingy?
You see at the address bar (for IE) or in the tab (for Chrome), there's a picture of a white Spikan face. That's called a favicon. Give me ideas on what you'd like there, 'cause I'm going to make you one. Brandon Pow (talk) 14:54, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
Logos and Artwork Edit
1. Sorry, but the bureaucrat and I believe the current logo looks better. Maybe it's the extra blue-green flares at the bottom. But I do have your PNG requests done! All transparent. Spikan is my favourite. (Just couldn't stay focused on the job, so many details!) Click here to access the Dropbox folder with your files.
2. So have you figured out what favicon logo you want for your Spectrobes Fan Club wiki ? I'm serious about helping you, so do reply... And yes, I find it very confusing to have two wikis with the same logo, especially when 20 tabs are open. Drives me nuts.
4. Oh, God, you actually gave Disney Interactive an email? Now they're probably all over the wiki, looking at our stuff! We're not done yet! Yipe! *faints*
Well I did see that you asked that on Brandon Pow's talk page. It's interesting to hear that, considering it would have been expected to receive some kind of stock reply...
OK, I've already sent you an email, and I need you to be patient as I'd prefer rearranging the data files instead of sending you a ton of jumbled-up data. (How you're going to arrange the files I gave you, I don't know...)
Now, on to something important. I saw the way you'd been editing the Dark Spectrobes page as well as a few others. I can't help but feel that you're just editing for the sake of getting edits, and that's not really the spirit we're looking for. It's not helping because it's flooding RecentChanges, and it's creating many more links on the pages than we actually need.
To sum the reasons why I think you should go back to publishing only after finishing all edits:
1. You want a job as an admin, but I don't think your Contributions page reflects well on other bureaucrats.
2. Wikia is not about edit counts, it's about content creation.
3. You're killing us RecentChanges users as we see everything you do, one by one, only to see you add a [[ and ]] all over the place.
Please understand; we still need you here, but not like that! Brandon Pow (talk) 04:20, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, I was on the wiki two years ago doing the same thing, and then I lost all three of my Spectrobes games. So I just quit. And then I cleaned my room two days ago, and found all three of the games underneath a pile of old clothes that were too big for me, and I rejoiced. I'm playing through each one again, making notes so I can revamp the wiki. I'm really pleased that it has kept on growing once I left, and the work from Valentin98, you, and a couple other people has been superb. I think that a series as great as Spectrobes needs a wiki of equal greatness. A one-stop place where someone can just look up a planet and find what Spectrobes you can get there, what minerals can be found there, what Krawl they have to worry about, and so forth. Keep up the great work and I'll see you around the wiki!
GIF Request is a bit Unclear Edit
Oh, wow. Okay, my internet can't load the GIF, but I'm assuming the picture looks a bit like Zapchu25's Spikan GIF (where it breathes repeatedly). You forgot to tell me which Spectrobe you wanted. Only Origins, though, I have no idea how to do anything from the DS games. And I'm on holiday! Let me have until the 18th to enjoy my free time. 18.104.22.168 14:49, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
ART OF THE REST OF THE SPECTROBESEdit
hey whats up
I was wondering if you can put up the rest of the art of the spectrobes because you seem to be able to find the art of spectrobes what the internet search engines can't find may i ask whats your source ?
Hey, I recently edited Piximi's page and I would like to know if you appreciate it. The background color of the infobox would signify the property of the Spectrobe. If you like it, I'll do the same on all the other Spectrobes, and on Dark Spectrobes, I will make a dark-purple border on the infobox. I would also like to include a infobox on the top of each Spectrobe page that would serve the purpose of moving between one Spectrobe evolution line to the next with ease. Let me know ASAP so I can get to work!
Also, I have noticed that you take screenshots of Origins. I am not entirely sure how to do the same with my game and produce an image of adequate quality, so I would hope it would not be bothersome to take screenshots of some of the planets in Origins, specifically Menahat. Thanks so much!
Toa 95 removed it. I guess it wasn't good. I had changed the color of the infobox to green to match Piximi's property. I had thought it to be quite interesting at first, but apparently Toa 95 was not amused in the slightest.
Permission Granted Edit
- Original Message:
- Can I upload some of your 3D renders to flickr and deviantart, i'll give you credit too.
Aye, sure thing! All my stuff are CC-BY-SA, so you can do anything you want with it (even sell it, according to law)~
...y'know, you just reminded me - I should state that on my profile page soon. Brandon Pow (talk) 16:32, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I'll just add the table, and you made a mistake on the purple mineral page, but i fixed it
Whoops, heh heh~ Oh, bother, I am pretty clumsy, am I?
- Can you make bazora 3d and yagi zora 3d please
Awh, not this week for Yagizora. This other laptop I'm working on while on holidays seems to hate me.
- WOW! litrally hundreds of people added our artwork to their favourites on deviantart.
- I got lots of fan art for the high krawl that i think should be uploaded, i asked for permission and they said yes. Can you make a high krawl portal please.
Now, about that... Every portal page needs a logo. If you must have the portal up now, it'll have no logo (which might potentially mess up the code layout). Any ideas for a logo? Preferably round. Brandon Pow (talk) 18:43, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
Not Bad! Edit
Now, that's just pretty. Although I do need to wonder if you can figure out what can be done to Template:Spectrobe to make the text centred in line spacing, speecifically the 'Evolves From' and 'Evolves To' text (as you can see, the logos made the text hover to the top). I just wish I had more time, I could get it done myself.
Anyways, the reason why some buttons have a sword logo on them is because they're from Spectrobes: Origins. That symbol means the Legendary Weapon of that Spectrobe has been obtained; therefore only Evolved type Spectrobes have this logo, if I recall correctly. Brandon Pow (talk) 13:40, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Is there away to get the icons without the swords?
I wish I knew... I've tried shifting camera elements in the game, but it's not working. If you have any ideas, though, tell me!
- Oh yeah and what happened to the dark grey box behind the name of the spectrobes because its hard to read white text on a light background. I also think the name of the spectrobes should be above the image to make it look more... Legit.
This problem existed a long time ago on Android phones, and now it's affecting Safari too, apparently. Something to do with the W3 gradients I put in there. Toa and I were discussing about using 'ms-gradient:' code as replacement, and I'll try figuring something out. Let's hope it works. As for the name, I'll also give it a try and hope it doesn't get reverted, yeah?
While we're still on the topic of that template, could we move your pixel icons to the left of the name or something? (I'm talking about this sort of icon.) I personally don't think it has a respectable place in the galleries. I mean, one small photo amongst a couple of big ones? Brandon Pow (talk) 14:15, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
The images may look better if they're bigger, but I thought that they were too big compared to the infobox at that size. And the icons also sort of looked a bit big for their sections of the infobox as well, but that's just me, really...
Gradient Codes Edit
- Can you see that the bottom of the name bar has faded away. Is there a way to fix it, and what browser do you use?
Ohoho~ That's a gradient, and it's there on purpose. The code at Template:Spectrobe for the gradient reads as follows:
background: rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 99%; background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 0%, rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 80%, rgba(0,0,0,0) 100%); background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65)), color-stop(80%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65)), color-stop(100%,rgba(0,0,0,0)));"
If you'd like to experiment it to be a flat colour instead, replace that with this code:
But just so you know, that fading thing is on purpose, and I use Chrome~
Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 11.54.37.pngEdit
hey hows it going I was wondering what source did u get the image from and what spectrobe is it ?
RESPONSE AND REST OF ART OF SPECTROBESEdit
- I have went back to doing my matio sprites pixel art. I think you might like my artwork. Tell me what you think. http://tmason101.deviantart.com/gallery/45365272
Well, they are pretty cute, and with a lot of detail, too. Tell me when you've decided to make some Spectrobes sprites, yeah? Something like Zapchu25's one.
While I'm here, I need to ask: did you upload all the sprites from the DS games? I've used two of yours in the new scroller template on the Spikanor page. And I'm not finished with the coding yet. If you'd like to help me, I do need help with making the backgrounds transparent (as you can see, I did that with the screencaps you uploaded). Brandon Pow (talk) 16:20, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
Where exactly did you find:
that image? I'm just curious...
Thanks for the great edits, see you around mate!
- I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore. My past has come to haunt me and I must move on. I have had great times on this wiki but I guess there now over. I cannot stay anymore, no more edits, requests or PM's. I am leaving for good. Thank you ever so much for your help on making the Spectrobes Wiki a better place. I will never be able to come back online ever again. I can't tell you exactly tell why and i'm sorry about that. Please help continue spread the word of Spectrobes and keep up the good work. Goodbye and Thank you.
Well, this was sudden. Whatever that's causing you to leave, we're sorry it happened. (Nawwww, I'll never get those games you promised!~~) Best of luck to whatever you have planned for the future, and don't forget; we'll always be here if you need us.
Okay, Sure Edit
Well, you're back. And I see you've started making Family categories.
- every time I use those japaneese names in google search completely random things come up
Well, that's because you're not a Japanese speaker. If you were, you'd probably remember to add 化石超進化 to any search term.
Anyways, you failed to answer my question. Are you actually trying to make categories for each family in the Spectrobes series? It is not necessary because:
1. You can get to any of the three evolutions on any page of a Spectrobe now.
2. The Game Guides app relies heavily on categories (in fact, it's the only way to get around it). Currently all Spectrobes are featured by element, so this will only create clutter if you keep this up.
3. If you want a place to put those family PNG images (which I know you desperately want to, since you worked on Ukabi already), just drop it in a gallery. It is accepted.
Stop. I'd rather you focus on cleanup work and stop categorising to families (for example, bet you didn't know Shimanoto and the related evolutions aren't in the Category:Spectrobes:_Origins_Spectrobes category). Brandon Pow (talk) 12:41, August 28, 2013 (UTC)
- can you make a sabo one please
...if you're talking about a 3D render, not this week. I'm stuck on using a computer with no graphics card at the moment.
3 Points Edit
Hey there. You seem pretty free at the moment, so I was wondering: since you've gotten 100% on databases for BTP, may I suggest uploading all the sprites for the characters (like the ones you've done here)? We don't have them all yet (although I must say that's a lot of fossil images we have at the moment).
While I'm here, can I ask: why are you constantly re-uploading images of your own work? For instance, your Komadoros has 7 versions now. I totally get it if you've got some details that you missed, but if you're once again trying to increase your edit count this way, I'm going to have to lock the images down. Which I really, really don't want to do. You're good, that goes without doubt, but this just can't keep going on.
- I am not reuploading hem for the sake of edits, i'm editing the images themselves making changes because i keep finding mistakes so i need to fix them.
Regardless of the situation, I'm glad you're doing this the right way! It means a lot to me, seriously. Okay, one thing I must clarify is that new revisions of a file do add up into the edit count, but not immediately. You can check the entries for your reuploads here. But it doesn't matter too much at the moment.
- Also i have also been emoving the background on some of them, it makes the table look more professional.
Yes, you have. Thank you.
- I havent got enough time to upload all the icons i'm very busy at the moment but i'll try and find a link to my resource.
- Brandon I'm very dissapointed in you, taking credit for my work. You tiked me off. Please don't do it again.
Sure, have fun while you're at it! I've been waiting to try out this infinite block button
Listen, about the Gekikuri, yes, you made that one months earlier using pixels and whatnot. That's a fact, and you're right. But did you bother to check the EXIF data on our versions? Mine came from a direct vector; meaning that it can be enlarged infinitely without blurring out, unlike your raster graphic. So it seems that whenever we share the exact same sources, one of us is bound to get angry (see, I did make a Rygazelle and Leozar family picture, too, so I also didn't feel too happy). Now, you need to decide: are you going to ask me to stop using your sources and let you do all the work? That way, we won't end up doing double work and accusing each other all the time.
However, bear in mind that ever since you started on this, the only protection you had against federal law is the fact that Wikia is CC-BY-SA. That means, no, nobody could be bothered if 'you made this picture' or 'you pixel-arted that'; Disney made it, and they've registered this RPG game under copyright. Nobody even cares if you decide not to share any more art just because you can't own it; eventually it will be found because you didn't draw it, or sketch it, or think of the idea. You are ineligible for intellectual copyright, everything you've uploaded up to now is categorised as derivative work, and you end up confusing everyone when you claim this and that.
The spirit of Wikia is not about earning self-praise at all. Hence, if you really want to be acclaimed for pixel art and all that, you should really just start making characters of your own (not by Disney) and gain fame there. I don't want to hear any more of this 'HQ Picture made by TMason101' nonsense, I've had enough.
It now becomes obvious why Yuzura gave you a one-month ban on the Adventure Time Wiki chat; you kick up a lot of fuss when you think people haven't praised you enough.
It may also be my fault that I didn't lay down the rules here hard enough, so by next week we will have an Editing Guide with ban warnings on the main page. Brandon Pow (talk) 04:59, September 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not the person you think i am at all, there is a reason why i had to leave the wiki for a temperary period and this is one of t
...yup, I have to agree with this one.
- where did you get those pics from and can you do the same with hapachi and gekigury again for me please because i couldnt get the full picture out thank you.
- From now on we will both take the credit, i'll take credit for finding the rare source and you'll take the credit for extracting the source that way its fair trade. :) I found the 3d familys, you extracted them... exept for ukabi. I found the pdf you extracted the svg's. so... cool beans?
Obviously I haven't made myself clear enough, so here, in one simple sentence:
Do not mention me.
If you want to collect credit for stuff, not many people can stop you, just refrain from doing so inside wiki articles, for example on the Gelberus gallery earlier (your own profile is okay). I prefer it if you avoid using my name, because I like it that way. I believe Disney should get the credit. That's all.
- oh yeah and should we convert the svg's in to png's so they can be loaded easier for users and downloable easier. SVG's are quite tricky to save and they dont load easily with those without the right plug in's. For the sake of our viewers who like to collect spectrobes artwork should we do this? Its up to you
If you check the files in the wiki right now, on the infobox and in any preview they have been custom-rendered to PNG. (Tip: Try dragging the picture to your desktop and checking the file type.) As such, it renders for all browsers, even Opera and Android. The only way users can actually see an SVG file is if they bother to go to the file page and asking for full resolution. I am also avoiding duplicate files.
However, I get the feeling that you actually want them in a custom resolution. As such, feel free to request me when you want them, and they will be sent via email. Give the same message to all those 'viewers who like to collect spectrobes artwork', please, because converting SVG to PNG takes 2 programs and 3 file types.
PS: If you check the pages in which your pixel art has been replaced with vector art, they actually have been moved to the file page description of the SVG file. Meaning I'm trying not to delete them, since you have to showcase them at your profile page. Brandon Pow (talk) 04:09, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
Gallery Repitition Edit
You seem to be returning the JPG version of an infobox picture in the gallery, specifically File:Leozar.jpg. Do you have a good reason to do that? I'd rather you not (as adding the same image twice to a page is space-consuming), but I want to hear your reason. Brandon Pow (talk) 18:19, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
- because the jpg one is the official official! artwork, the vector one is nice but i think we should still put the original so everyne can see.
I'm deleting the JPG one, then. You make it sound as if the SVG wasn't from Disney, but it is. Just refrain from repeating images on an article, it looks really silly. Brandon Pow (talk) 09:02, September 22, 2013 (UTC)
- can you make a render for komanoto please.
- Are krawl in the spectrobes origins database some one had a request to make 3D krawl renders. i think that its a good idea.
What, are you serious? People actually still read this wiki?
Okay, maybe the request came from DeviantArt. That's possible. In that case, I think it'll take all of next year, then. Any specific Krawl in mind?
(To be honest with you, I don't think I know how.)
- Oh yeah and can you make a render for rallen and jeena please?
Wearing which weapon? Or just plain?
- just plain, that will be more professional for the wiki. and can you make a render for dongor, paga and pagadori please. and zenipyra. Please.
That's a lot of orders. Give me some time. You also haven't really requested any specific Krawl, so... I'll do whichever I can figure out first.
- can you join the spectrobes chat please i want to talk
As much as I'd like to, you're so much more polite on talk pages. (I'm serious about this, you don't go "BRANDON!!" here at all.) What's wrong with leaving me a talk page message like how you've always done? Brandon Pow (talk) 14:29, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- About the pixel art thing on the table... I dont think the pixel art icons for the spectrobes should be 20px.
Talk to Toa about this; I always use icons at full resolution on the Scroller2 templates.
- Brandon I need you to do me a really big favour. Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do it for me, its very important but i cant tell you why, but I need you to do it! Ban this user from the spectrobes wiki please http://spectrobes.wikia.com/wiki/User:Flambo_the_Epic_Epic(; he is a troll, he must be stopped.
The thing is, he's never done a thing here. There isn't any data on the wiki yet of his "trolling". When (or if) he does, I will do what I have to, I promise. But no early judging. Brandon Pow (talk) 13:00, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- what planet is the leopod on. Is it possible to make some renders for leo, leopuba and leozar. Also is it possible to make 3D renders for Hiko and Hikodrake?
- Thanks allot for the previous renders too. They make the wiki look amazing. Actually to be honest, i saw one of your renders in google images a year agao. Thats what brought me to the spectrobes wiki. Without your renders i wouldnt be here. Thanks allot Brandon.
Should've been done 4 years ago when the game was popular, right? Anyways, thanks for the compliments. Just keep doing what you do best, and the wiki will continue growing. Brandon Pow (talk) 08:15, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- can you do some renders for mayar and mayarzerra please?
Now, there's a sudden influx of renders over at DeviantArt. Because of this, when people search for genuine Spectrobes art there, they get frustrated because the 3D (non-artistic) renders come up first. I don't think they like it. As comparison, take a look at another user there who's only been uploading webisode screenshots to the stream. Don't you feel annoyed when you already know the person merely copy-pasted a frame of a video there?
- I don't understand what's going on with the deviant art stuff. What is happening?
People are complaining to me that the renders you uploaded are clogging up DeviantArt. It's considered cluttering because the renders are official and not artistic or fan art. This is not coming from me, but I think you need to stop taking the pictures we have here; if they want to, they can come and visit the Spectrobes Wiki. Is this clear enough? Brandon Pow (talk) 11:25, November 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. Sorry Brandon. I thought you said I can upload them to deviantart? If you want me to stop uploading them I will.
Like I said, it isn't me, but please do stop. However, there's another thing I have to ask you.
On the 4th November, you edited a nonexistant user's profile page. This is technically your second sockpuppet after the recently-removed TKMason101 account. I really hope you're not trying things. As an admin, you give me more work if I have to block all 3 accounts. Brandon Pow (talk) 11:34, November 14, 2013 (UTC)
Not Much I Can Do Edit
- Can you make some Custom Part tables for the Spectrobes: Beyond the portals spectrobes please.
Oh, geez, I don't know. I barely even play anymore. Everything I make now is frozen at 33% database, because I've got lots to do. I'll see what I can make of it, though.
- I would like to help out but my DS emulator doesn't enable the mic so i cant awaken spectrobes.
That's because it's an emulator... Listen, it would be so much easier to link a capture card to your DS with 100% database completion, don't you think? You won't have to send me those screenshots if you can clean out the background yourself, actually.
- Can you upload some screenshots for the planets Bahmud, Menahat, and Kogoeria please.
Kogoeria's a problem; too much white makes it hard to photomerge. Maybe if I have the time, I'll work on it.
- Alos there is some sort of mistake. The page Menahat may be spelled wrong in the japeneese artwork i uploaded on the kaio system page. it seems to be spelled as Menahut instaed of Menahat. I'm not sure wich is right or wrong. Also in the artwork Wyterra is spelled as Wytera. can you please check the database in Spectrobes: oerigins for me and see the fcorrect spelling for the pages.
Yes, you've realised. Disney's changed a lot of names before the European release of Origins; you uploaded a version of the names directly translated from katakana. It's completely okay, the names we use for articles here on the wiki are the same as the ones in the Origins database.
Also, this might not be related, but I've suddenly got promoted to chat moderator on a wiki I've never visited. Although that's nice, it's important to only give titles to people who will work on the wiki, not those who avoid it. Just a bit of advice. Brandon Pow (talk) 15:18, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
Personal Talk Edit
- Brandon are we friends? I have a feeling you don't like me? Am I annoying you or anything, if I am please let me know.
I can't really say right now. Still staying careful after September's incident; I can never tell what's going on in your mind. I'd say "friends" is a bit too far as I don't know you personally. Acquaintances? Yeah, that'll work.
This isn't related at all to adminship (you've already got a taste of that over at your newly-founded wiki, so you should be fine), but you've changed a lot, and that's a good thing. It's just me who isn't ready yet. Please give me a bit more time. No, you're not annoying me.
...I was just thinking: loads of your uploaded images come with Spanish names. If you're fluent in the language, why not adopt the Spanish portal of our wiki? You could help fix the place up; after all, they've begun taking data from our wiki (which is a good thing). Brandon Pow (talk) 12:27, November 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Can we have a Variation column in the krawl table please. E.G Blova, Swar, Gris, Zepi, Eela and subar...
- Hi brandon. Can you upload a zora button please for the zora page.
Sure, here you go.
About the columned infoboxes you've requested on the Eela page, I don't agree to it for a couple reasons:
- Apparently one good example is at the Wyterra page; it truncates the infobox excessively in Wikia skin.
- We have bullet points; we could use those.
- Muteela has a Family bar, that's the right way to use infoboxes (one point of information per bar).
- Take a look at the aforementioned Wyterra page using the mobile skin; it's not looking pretty due to all the <br /> tags, especially for wide tablets. A good fix would be to just put the links outside the infobox within the main article in a subtext like "Areas".
- Can you make a render for yagizora please?
- What do you think of the yagizora card I made?
- Do you know the starting stats for yagizora?
Whoa, easy there, tiger. That's the ninth question in a week! I'm only human; I've also got life to live and normal things to do.
But you know what? Here you go. Stats for Yagizora start at LV30, so this is the lowest it can go, without seed effects.
- HP 292
- ATK 61
- DEF 58
- Needs 2791 EXP (just like any other LV30 Spectrobe)
Also, Zuwa's render is kinda hard to work on. Not coming out right. I'll see what I can do. Also, I wonder... I thought I did a Paga before, since Pagani and Pagadori are done. Must've lost it. Brandon Pow (talk) 12:32, November 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Can we have a render for zeni please. I think we should replace the current image with a render due to the poor quality.
That's not a good reason; anything above 200px is acceptable. Also, drawn art is a lot harder to obtain than renders, so we prioritise them. Just as a reminder, if there are official drawn illustrations, put them as the main image first, regardless of how nice the renders look. (Anyways, it's done.)
- Can we have a render for Jado please?
- isnt jado in the database?
Stats for Child Spectrobes Edit
- In spectrobes: origins do child spectrobes have hp, atk and def?
Why, of course they do! Komainu itself has 51 HP, 10 ATK and 10 DEF at LV1. If you'd like, feel free to use the values at our Origins list. They're all already at LV100 there, so that saves time. Brandon Pow (talk) 14:41, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
- thanks brandon, how does the table work. I dont know how to use it properly.
...okay, the table is sortable. Click the "Total" header in the first column, and all Child types will be at the bottom (Total stats <500). Alternatively, searching for the name (the long bar or ⌘ + F in older versions of Safari) should help you jump straight to the stats of a specific Spectrobe. Brandon Pow (talk) 09:22, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
On Renders Edit
- I have removed the backgrouns for allot of the renders to make the wiki look better.
Argh, I forgot to tell you; I'll be remaking a few of those since they have the JPG lossy artifact... but anyway, thanks. It should do nicely. Good job!
- Can you make a render for Gorberus please.
Well, I don't know... somehow they just keep appearing on other websites the moment I upload them, even after asking not to. It'll take time, but I'll work on it. Brandon Pow (talk) 00:31, December 22, 2013 (UTC)
Mobile Sprite, or Not? Edit
According to the Segu article you edited, you got a Segu from the mobile game. It seems that the entire game doesn't have this sprite to begin with. There are only 9 characters available, and they all don't use gradient shading (smooth colouring from white to green), but use patched shading instead. Tell me, where'd you get this picture? Brandon Pow (talk) 15:38, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, I thought it was from the mobile game I looked at a gallery of screenshots from the mobile game and that was in the gallery. I'm very sorry about that.
Owh. It's not a crime to get wrong info like that; all's fine. I will, however, have to remove the image until someone gives proof that there is a version of the game containing Segu in it. You'd understand.
Listen, about that request for large official art you requested a long time ago? I've finally completed it and will give you an album to work on after I replace the images here. Hope you didn't have to wait so long; expect the whole thing to be done in a couple of days. Brandon Pow (talk) 15:25, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
Edit: While I'm here, any idea what Krawl this is? Can't get the name from the mobile game, but I thought you might know.
- Thanks brandon, I'm not sure what krawl that is, the top half looks a bit like swar, the variation may be exclusive to the mobile game. I've never seen it before and I know that because all I used to edit the krawl pages frequently and I never came across that one.
Oh, well. It shall remain unnamed.
- Also, which large official artwork were you talking about? I'm noty sure which one.
The ones you asked via PDF, specifically these ones. I believe you can get more of these PDF files by completing the digathon at http://www.spectrobesdigathon.co.uk , but I don't have the time nor the patience. The more you give me, the more I can make. (Do you have a Komadoros one? I'd really like that.) Brandon Pow (talk) 13:45, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll give you some pdf link for grant and jeena. Those are the only other pdfs the rest are vidoes and wallpapers.
No need to; I have them. Aldous' one as well.
- In the paga pdf there is a problem with one of the wings. It is coverd with a black square and on the pago page it isnt tehre and both images are from the same source.
Yeah... thing is, the paths for the SVG are applied without a path for the wings, so the one I have must be the unfinished draft. In that case, don't use it.
- When ever I upload the svg version of masetosu there is a problem with the thumbnail, this has happened to me before on my wiki and the only solution was ro make it smaller, but if I make the image smaller it will loose it's quality. What do you think i should do?
Sadly, Mediawiki 1.19 does not support SVG thumbnailing. I've discussed this with Wikia staff and they might fix it in the future, but until then, stick with PNGs.
- I changed the colours in the swar sprite to make a bagrax sprite, I know its not in the mobile game but it is extreamly accurate. Do you think we can use the image on the wiki?
Sorry to tell you this, but the Spectrobes Wiki takes canonical content only. It is a nice sprite, but not the one present in the DS game, Spectrobes. (That is to say, since you have the first DS game, try taking the little sprite on the top screen instead. I believe it's taller than the one you have now.)
EDIT: Oh, the Masetosu problem is caused by the image being too big, as well as the fact that the compression is a bit too strong. The only solution would be to link internally in the description of the image, like this, for example.
Rare Images Edit
- Do you know how we can find these extreamly rare images?
Nope, not at all.I do agree with you that some images are being withheld from the public, though, so if they aren't out there to begin with, there's nothing much I can do.
While we're on the topic, do you have any cards, or own the Collector's Edition for the first game? You could totally help out by scanning them for the wiki. Brandon Pow (talk) 05:28, February 8, 2014 (UTC)